Good morning to all! I hope everyone had a terrific weekend! Thank you for all your prayers, my grandfather was doing great this weekend. The prayers for strength were definitely granted by God. And get excited...it's Wednesday, the work week is half way over! There I go wishing my life away again...But back to updating: the past couple days have been amazing for me. I've been increasing the amount of quiet time I have daily and it's just amazing. Not just quiet time with my Jesus, but just the amount of time that I turn the TV off and just sit in silence; of course that usually leads me to talk to our creator, which is probably why it's been so amazing. Isn't it so special to have that time alone with God? Doesn't it make you want to go out and conquer the world because he is on your side? I don't know...maybe it's just me.
God is so good. I just can't say that enough. I just get a light feeling every time I say that. What brings me to say that this morning, you may ask? Well if you have been reading, you know a couple post back I was struggling, and since then I have just been so relieved of that feeling. Now, I'm not saying the stressful thoughts don't cross my mind, but I know God is right there with me helping me pick myself up. Monday night at YoungLife, one of our beautiful leaders shared Matthew 7:7-8 with us. Now I have heard this verse over and over before, but that night it just brought a smile to my face. It reads, " Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." I just love this verse. God is asking us to rely on him and ask him for help; and he is telling us that if we ask, HE WILL GIVE IT TO US. Period.
I hope this verse helps you get through today and any struggles you might be faced with. I try to remember to try the "Jesus way" of solving things instead of trying my own way first. I always seem to make matters ten times worse when I think my way is better than his way. Gosh, have I learned that several times over and over in my life, haha. But the true question to ponder on today is: are you ready to let God handle it his way? No matter where that journey may take you? And no matter what part of your present life you might have to give up? I admit it's hard, but oh so rewarding. So, as you think about that today, I'll be praying that you have the courage to take that leap.
No comments:
Post a Comment