Friday, February 4, 2011

could it really be, FRIDAY??!!

Hello again! I hope everyone is very excited, even on this nasty day today...why??? Because it's Friday! YAY! Of course I love every Friday, but today I get to see my grandparents, mom and (one) sister! I find it so funny being in the "adult" world, and how we all wish our lives away. The first thing we say when we walk into work on Monday is, "is it Friday yet?" That or "do we get paid this week?" I find it funny, yet sad. Why you must ask? Simply because wishing away every day except the weekend leads us to miss life changing opportunities.

This is going to be a short blog today. I just wanted to send many thanks to everyone! I have gotten amazing feedback from so many people, those that I can't even put a face to. That makes me so excited to keep sharing my journey with you all. God is working WONDERS in my life and I am just so excited to walk this path everyday with him. Doesn't it feel amazing to know that every morning you wake up, you are not facing the struggles of society alone? That you are being surrounded with the Grace of our forgiving Savior. Every morning I wake up, I do my devotion and recite my favorite verse, Jeremiah 29:11: " 'For I know the plans I have for you.' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. '" No matter what heartache I am faced with, or what might get in my way, it all leads me to my Jesus and his path  to give me hope and a future. I hope this verse helps you as much as it helps me when I'm feeling lost and confused. I always worry that I took the wrong fork in the road, but am quickly reminded about how wonderful my Jesus is and how he is standing right beside me.

Pray for me as I venture to my grandparents today. If some of you may not know, my Grandfather is getting closer and closer to meeting our amazing Jesus. He holds such an amazing spot in my heart. I can not tell the world enough how much I look up to this man, he is just amazing.  It saddens me to think of losing him (fountain of tears I call it), but he has stated many times that he is ready to be reunited with our family and friends who have moved on. I become selfish wanting him to stay here, when I should be jealous he is on his way to spend eternity in heaven. One of my recent trips to visit, I got to hold him. Yes, I know it should be the other way around: the grandfather is supposed to hold the granddaughter, but it is probably one of my most special memories I have with him. It surpasses the memory of all the bunnies, dogs, chickens, and cats he bought us every time we went to visit during the summer. It exceeds the memory of him letting me drive their van at the age of 8 and almost running into a tree. And finally the memory of him always humming a hymn. His favorite ones he would hum would be the old gospel hymns. He would just walk around the house without even realizing he was humming. It was usually a joke within the family, "Granddad is humming again," but now it's something we all remember so vividly. And on that night when I got to hold him in my arms with my cousin, I found myself humming those hymns to him. I guess it was my way of telling him everything will be okay, however when you have such an amazing person in your life, you hate to think of living without them. So I ask all my readers to pray for me, pray for strength. I want to be his strength when he is in this pain, yet I know I cannot, so pray that God gives him strength. And pray that whenever God decides take him to the most beautiful place, that it is full of peace; let there be no pain.

I am very thankful for all your support I have received already in this short amount of time. And as you are praying for me, I am praying for you.

1 comment:

  1. Manda,
    You are such an amazing woman of God! I am so thankful to have you in my life. God knew what he was doing by bringing you to Griffin. He brought you to a place where you can make a difference, and he also brought me to you through YoungLife. Don't you love God's plans of putting people in your life and also taking others out of it. Glorious plans he has for us! Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us! I am praying for you ! I looove you!

    ReplyDelete