Friday, April 22, 2011

What a beautiful day.


I am in LOVE with today. Yes, it is Friday, and yes, I am taking a vacation to DC to visit a great friend; but most of all I love today because it is Good Friday. Well isn’t every Friday good, you may ask. Yes, however today is even better because my Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for me and for you.

When I think of the life of Jesus, I am just amazed. People LOVED our Jesus. Even his enemies were astounded by the glory and presence of the all powerful man. And yet, he was still humbled by his gracious father. How many of us walk daily prideful? And we don’t even have the impact on the world as Jesus did. I know there are days where I walk with my head held high, very prideful. Now I’m not saying it is bad to be proud, however should we flaunt it?

Today Jesus died for me and today Jesus died for you. He knew our name before our parents picked it out and he new our face before we were developed in our mother’s womb. He knew when we would betray him, yet his still willingly died for us. I am in awe of this. That someone could love us so much even when he knew we would walk the other way.

My life has been far from perfect and I have been forgiven. In the past few years, my love for Jesus has been overwhelming. I feel tears at the thought of his name. I want to live for my Jesus because he died for me. I want to love my Jesus more than anyone I know. I want to be his bride.

I hope on this beautiful Friday that you all remember what was given for YOU today: Life. I hope you all have a beautiful celebration the next few days for after the crucifixion something even greater took place, his resurrection. Let us all go through this weekend praising the glory of the Almighty and fall in love even more with him on the beautiful Good, oh so very Good, Friday. Love to all and as always, I’m praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment